Polarity is looking for a new team member to maintain and enhance our human resources as the company grows. If you are looking to join a startup where you will be a critical member of the team working on hard problems we would love to talk to you.
Polarity specializes in enabling high performing teams with human memory augmentation software. Polarity is like augmented reality, but for your computer, with no bulky glasses. We are a fast growing startup whose customers already include some of the world’s largest organizations including 7% of the Fortune 100 and many other large enterprises. We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team and help us grow.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Responsible for the full life cycle recruitment process. Develop and implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Coordinate post offer pre-employment processes, make job offers and coordinate post offer, coordinate pre-employment exams and handle hiring-related paperwork;
- Provide human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims;
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Lead and conduct new employee onboarding covering all HR topics, company policies and procedures, employee benefits and culture.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
This Job is for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in human resources, business administration or equivalent experience
- 3-5 + years experience in a similar role
- Possess interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills required to effectively communicate with employees and applicants
Polarity is an equal opportunity employer. The position is based out of Northern Virginia, Metro DC area.